Mobile Apps - Tools/ Other
All Apps are IOS and only include an Android version if there is a link listed in the description or as an additional app below the iOS version.
30 hands Starter storyteller is a way to tell a story, explain a concept or flip a classroom. ****UPDATE- NO longer a FREE version 3.21.2017***** Create a multimedia presentation in minutes and publish it as a video to share. Take pictures with the camera, upload from the web or from email, record voice and draw on the screen to create a video presentation. Export or show from the tablet, this presentation tool is simple to use but offers great creativity choices. There are some limitations to the free starter version in time, still enough time for most simple projects. (Pro version is currently only $6.99 and opens up many options including Google drive integration. )
Clipstich video creator is an app for creating fun, beautiful, and creative video collages.
1. Choose what videos to include in the collage
2. Place them in the frame exactly as the user likes
3. Be creative with colors and background themes
4. Save to the camera roll,
Simple and creative....
PhotoFunia (ANDROID LINK) is the simple way to add a spark to photos, make them special and more original. In only a few seconds a photo collage is ready, absolutely free. PhotoFunia is so straight forward to use, that anyone, at any age, can use it with ease.
Video Collage has 50 Collage Frames to create beautiful Photo/video collage (in Free version some frames are not available)
* Easily adjustable frames
* Users can add thier own Music to the Video collage or Photo collage
* Enhance Video Collage Frame by adding patterned background
* Users can add color to frames
* Add Effects to photos or videos
* Easily share the video collage with our inbuilt social sharing option
* Option to Save the Photo/video collage to Photo album
Presentation/ Story Creation/ Formative Assessment
Show Me allows users to record voice-over whiteboard tutorials and share them online.
- Record a ShowMe tutorial right away — no manuals or complicated menus needed
- Drop in images onto the whiteboard
- Easily switch between drawing and erasing (as well as pausing and playing) to make your ShowMe flow from concept to concept
- Users can make a ShowMe as long or as short as it needs to be, and record as many ShowMe’s as they want.
- Once users finished recording, upload the ShowMe to share with the community (or keep it private)
- Discover awesome tutorials created by other members of the ShowMe community
Sock Puppets is an app that allows students to create stories with sock puppets. Friends can work together with multiple puppets and create hilarious conversations. While recording, simply tap a puppet and that puppet will lip-sync, tap a different puppet and switch auto lip-syncing to it. Switch backgrounds to take puppets to different places, move the puppets, props and scenery to animate them while recording. Cartoon and photo realistic puppets are included.
Shadow Puppet EDU allows students to easily create videos in the classroom! Students as young as five can make videos to tell stories, explain ideas, or document their learning. 30+ lesson ideas supporting Common Core make it easy to get started!
∙ Present a project or describe an experience
∙ Search Library of Congress, NASA, Met Museum, maps for images to explain an idea
∙ Develop digital storytelling skills
∙ Demonstrate understanding of a concept for assessment
∙ Improve speaking skills or practice reading aloud
BitsBoard APP comes in a free version as well as a FULLY OPEN paid version currently $19.99. The free version includes access to the Bitsboard catalog including tens of thousands of flashcards and carefully curated lessons covering hundreds of topics. Bitsboard is fully customizable to meet educators specific learning needs and allows educators to create their own cards that can be used in the 14 plus activities in the APP. The free version allows access to an online collection of "boards" that other educators have created that can be downloaded. The PRO version does allow for multiple users on one device and more management capabilities. Also popup reminders to upgrade will disappear.
Tiny Tap (ANDROID LINK) empowers students to create personalized interactive activity and share it on the TinyTap marketplace for others to play and learn from. Explore the teacher created library of interactive activities!
Make & Play
- Interactive lessons
- Interactive presentations
- Educational games
- Visual quizzes